PERTH & KINROSS LEARNING CO-ORDINATOR
Full-time 35 hours per week (28 permanent core project hours plus 7 project hours subject to further funding beyond March 2022)
Starts at £22,765 for full-time (scale £22,765 to £25,349), pension, expenses, 25 days annual leave and 12 days public holidays per year. (pro rata for less than 35 hours)
We seek a Learning Co-ordinator who will inspire people to learn key digital skills. The successful candidate will deliver non-formal and accredited digital skills learning programmes across Perth & Kinross to individuals and small groups of disabled people, carers and those experiencing barriers to work and education.
The successful applicant will be committed to:
1) Engaging and supporting disabled people, carers and others to overcome barriers to improve their digital skills, making positive, sustained transitions into their chosen progression routes.
2) Being an active part of the Lead Scotland team as we develop new exciting digital learning opportunities.
You will be responsible for
1) Delivering and assessing one to one and small group, non-formal and accredited digital learning programmes to agreed targets as defined by our funder.
2) Delivering digital skills learning programmes, the Adult Achievement Award and other courses as defined by learners.
3) Working alongside and supporting volunteers in delivering learning.
4) Working closely in partnership with Perth & Kinross Council and other key partners
Experience of managing volunteers would be an advantage, as would a track record of experience in community learning and adult guidance and support.
This post will suit those who are passionate about the transformative power of digital, who have excellent communication skills and a flexible and creative approach to problem-solving. You must be enthusiastic with good organisational skills and have previous experience of supporting disabled people experiencing a range of barriers, of working one-to-one with learners, and of designing and delivering learning programmes. A full driving licence and access to a car is essential to travel to homes and communities across this rural area. You will hold an Assessors Award or be willing to work towards this.
We are grateful to Perth and Kinross Council who fund the work of this project.
This post is home-based in Perth & Kinross and involves regulated work for which a satisfactory PVG will be required. Lead Scotland has a Recruiting People with Convictions Policy.
Lead has Disability Confident status, and we encourage applications from disabled people. All disabled people meeting the minimum requirements will get a guaranteed interview. Information about our commitment to recruit disabled people is available on our website. If you would like to be considered under this scheme, please indicate this on your covering email. This will in no way disadvantage you in the recruitment process. All job application information can be made in alternative formats on request including braille, large print and audio and people can make applications in alternative formats. Recruitment paperwork is kept for 6 months before it is destroyed. Please complete our anonymous equal opportunities form to help us ensure we are attracting a broad range of candidates.
Application by CV and a statement detailing how you meet the person specification criteria for the role email@example.com
Closing Date: 5pm Monday 20th September 2021
Interviews: Week beginning 27th September 2021